Saturday, August 24, 2024

Favorite ever sourdough pancakes



 I’ve been hunting for the best ever pancakes…I wanna use sourdough, I want them to be like my mom’s, but also my own creation. I want them to be butter and buttermilk, and sourdough and fluffy, and perfect…and cast iron - not non-stick to cook with..


I believe I may have done just that. 

I modified a recipe from Broken Oven Baking…here’s mine:

250g AP flour 

48 g granulated sugar 

2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder (I use Rumford)

1/2 tsp sea salt

2 large eggs

2 tbsp softened or melted (and cooled) butter.

240g sourdough starter- active or discard!

1.25c buttermilk (more if needed to thin it out to desired consistency)

Mix all ingredients together - don’t overmix, room temp ingredients are better, but not necessary. 

Preheat your cast iron pan on low for at least 5 minutes. Make the pancakes on the pan.

Enjoy with butter and maple syrup 😋

Everyone in my family enjoyed these! Even my particular 3 yo :)





No comments:

Post a Comment