Sunday, June 16, 2024

Wonderful waffles

#sourdough #discard #scratchcoooking


Giving credit where credit is due, I modified this recipe from the original one at The Pantry Mama. I didn’t want to do an overnight activation on my starter, and really felt like waffles this morning for Father’s Day. I found her recipe and modified it a bit, so here’s my version!

Ingredients:

   WET:

200g discard (active starter is also fine!)

2 eggs

180 g buttermilk (or whole milk is fine)

60 g melted butter


    DRY:

150g AP flour

100g granulated maple sugar*

5g salt

12g baking powder 


Mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl. Mix them with each other! 

*the maple sugar makes an amazing taste for these waffles, but it isn’t necessary. You could use less sugar, and/or use white, brown, or coconut instead! 

This made about 6.5 big waffles on my Oster from Walmart. Everyone loved them, including my 3 yo who is notoriously picky. We don’t make waffles often, so this was a nice treat! Enjoy! We topped them with maple syrup and butter. 





~I used mostly organic ingredients, largely from Azure Standard that is certainly not required~

No comments:

Post a Comment